Baby Essentials: 3-6 months
I know it’s totally cliche, but I can’t believe how quickly Kai is growing up. He’s now 11 months (yup, E L E V E N), and it’s somewhat mind-blowing to think that we’ll have a walking, talking one-year old shortly. Eek!
When Kai was still a newborn, I rounded up a list of all our most-used newborn baby essentials. Since then I’ve shared the list with many of my new-momma friends. But now that we’re pretty far past that stage and in a totally different place as parents (feeling more confident and having more fun too, might I add), I thought it’d be helpful to share some of the other essential baby items we couldn’t have lived without. The 3-6 (ish) month necessities are listed below. I know, I know… I’m constantly playing catch up. Story of my life now, guys.
Anyway, here it is. The things all parents of a 3-6 year old will need:
1. Sunhat – I realize it might not be quite as sunny where you live, but here in Hawaii, it was crucial to carry this UV-protective hat in my diaper bag at all times. I never knew when we were going to end up in the sun. Even though Kai has a great head of hair, we still wanted his sweet skin protected.
2. Carrier – When Kai was smaller, we LOVED our Boba wrap. Once he got a bit more sturdy, I switched over to the Boba carrier and he just can’t get enough of it. Being strapped to me is probably his favorite place on earth – truth!
3. Formula Dispenser– I wasn’t able to breastfeed Kai exclusively as I had hoped, so we supplement with formula. This formula carrier makes life-on-the-go so much easier.
4. Wubanubs – Because they are adorable! I mean, c’mon.
5. Sun Romper – Refer to #1 🙂
6. Swing – Ok let me be honest here, we didn’t actually own a swing. But our sitter did, and Kai LOVED it. He took way better naps in it than he ever slept at home. If there’s ever a baby #2, we will definitely buy a swing for our own home.
7. Teething Necklace – Kai started teething early, which I was completely unprepared for. These necklaces are both of our favorite accessories.
8. Plush Book – Babies can be rough. They’re stronger than they realize, and something as inconspicuous as a hard book can become a weapon when they still don’t have great reflex control. Luckily someone invented soft books. Baby and parent approved.
9. Rock n Play – Because Kai went through phases where he preferred sleeping in this to the Bassinest. It’s also portable, so it’s nice to have when you want to have baby nap in just say, the living room, as opposed to the nursery.
10. Teether – I’m not totally sure why, but this was by far Kai’s favorite teether. And I felt good about giving it to him knowing that it was made of non-toxic materials.
11. Bottle Brush – Because those bottles can get funky. I won’t get into details.
12. Bottles – We tried many different bottles but our go to is the Lansinoh Momma bottle. We also use the Avent Classics and Lifefactory.
If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional. These commissions help to keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!