1/15/14

Lettuce Wraps and my TV debut! [VIDEO]

AM Northwest

I’m no stranger to the radio, but I had my first television appearance today. I didn’t fall on my face or say anything too ridiculous, so I consider it a major success!

I was asked to share a healthy recipe (whaaaa, no margaritas?!), so I shared one of my most popular healthy recipes (according to all of you): Thai Lettuce Wraps. This recipe is packed with veggies, easy to make, and totally delicious – so I figured it was the perfect dish to share live on TV. Click the image below to view the segment for yourself. And in case you’re wondering (because I always do), I learned that the TV kitchen isn’t just a set… all the kitchen equipment is fully functional. So there! You learn something new every day. I also learned that I talk with my hands. Especially when I’m nervous.

Thanks for watching, and hope you learn something too!

thai lettuce wrap

12 Responses to "Lettuce Wraps and my TV debut! [VIDEO]"

1. Colette

at

You are a pro–no question about it! And, I want to make these–they sound delicious!

• Marisa

at

Aw, thank you! Give the recipe a whirl and let me know what you think!

2. Congrats!!! For the record, you always talk with your hands … it’s just a bit more pronounced when you’re nervous! You do it on the phone even! I do too!

• Marisa

at

HA! Thanks JB 🙂

3. Yep, you came across completely at ease and the lettuce wraps look delicious! Great job! 🙂

Also, thanks for the rec for the peanut sauce. I’ve tried their curry pastes before but not the sauce. Need to get some now…

• Marisa

at

Thanks Michelle! How are the curry pastes? I’ve gotta try them next…

4. marlene

at

HI, SAW YOUR SEGMENT, VERY PROFESSIONAL:) WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!
    CALIFORNIA MOM

• Marisa

at

Awww, thank you! 🙂

5. You were awesome on the show! You did not seem nervous at all, very smooth and personable! Congrats!

• Marisa

at

Thanks Pech! 🙂

6. maggie murphy

at

I could not be prouder of my beautiful niece who is not only a tv natural…she’s a really lovely cook. I fear cooking segments. You made it seem so easy. congrats. A star is born!!!

• Marisa